Additional $100-$150+ is required for out of area orders that need to be crated for shipping (amount dependent on crate size required). Crates are carefully constructed to ensure your piece arrives in the exact condition in which it left. Each item is wrapped in shipping blanket, 1” bubble wrap, and then cushioned with layers of cardboard. Freight shipping is required for crates weighing over 150 lbs, and has a delivery time of 2-10 business days. If the piece is less than 150 lbs, we use UPS ground, which generally takes 2-10 business days, depending on location.
Shipping quotes are only estimates based off of the information provided to our shipping representative at time of inquiry. Shipping charges may differ from the initial quote estimates based on actual shipment characteristics, services requested and date of shipment. Clients are liable to pay difference in cost from the initial quote in which an invoice will be sent. Invoices must be paid within 3 business days upon receipt.
It is important that you understand how shipping companies and the claims process works so that, in the unlikely case your piece gets damaged during shipping, you can avoid any issues or complications when filing a claim against the shipper.
1) Inspect the crate/package prior to letting the driver leave. When possible, try to open the crate to inspect your piece while the driver is present. If there are any damages to the piece, you must refuse it on the spot. If it is not possible to open the crate right away, you have up to 24 hours from the time of receipt to notify the shipper if the piece has been damaged during shipping.
2) Claims can be drawn out if precautions were not taken, and can take up to 90 days (+/-) for the shipper/insurance company to process them. At times, the shipper may only offer to refund a partial amount, or the amount entirely. Many appeals can be filed, which further adds to the long process. If actions were not taken as suggested in our guidelines, the Timber Library will not be held responsible for amounts withheld/not refunded by the shipper.
3) We are happy to assist with the claims process. Our participation will require the majority of communication between the claims representative and shipper, and will require continuous follow up. Our fee for the additional labor is as follows:
- for claims values up to $999, our fee is $75.
- for claims values between $1000 - $4999, our fee is $100.
- for claims values between $5000 - $9999, our fee is $150.
- for claims values exceeding $10,000, our fee is 2%.
However, If you prefer to pass on our assistance and avoid fees, we will be happy to get you in contact with the claims department and you can work on the process directly.
For any additional questions regarding shipping, please message us from our Etsy homepage, or email us.