Terms & Conditions
Prompt payment is crucial in securing your reservation in our project schedule. Orders are scheduled in the order which received according to date/time of payment. Upon checkout you have the option to make payment using a personal or business check ,Venmo or PayPal (friends and family) without ANY FEES.
If using a major credit/debit card or PayPal account that charges a fee that will be added to the final cost (approximately 3%-5%).
If your ship-to address is within the state of CA, a local sales tax of 8.75% will be added to your final payment amount.
If our schedule is booked out further than 12 weeks, and if the price of the item in which you wish to purchase exceeds $5000, then we may offer payment options of an initial deposit to secure your spot in our schedule. The balance will then be due upon completion (pre-shipment). In some cases, we will allow or require split payments of up to 3 transactions, allowing for an initial deposit, half of the remainder due just prior to the start of your project, and the remainder due upon completion. Each situation will be evaluated and payment options will be decided at our discretion.
Additional $100-$150+ is required for out of area orders that need to be crated for shipping (amount dependent on crate size required). Crates are carefully constructed to ensure your piece arrives in the exact condition in which it left. Each item is wrapped in shipping blanket, 1” bubble wrap, and then cushioned with layers of cardboard.
Freight shipping is required for crates weighing over 150 lbs, and has a delivery time of 2-10 business days. If the piece is less than 150 lbs, we use UPS ground, which generally takes 2-10 business days, depending on location.
Shipping quotes are only estimates based off of the information provided to our shipping representative at time of inquiry. Shipping charges may differ from the initial quote estimates based on actual shipment characteristics, services requested and date of shipment. Clients are liable to pay difference in cost from the initial quote in which an invoice will be sent. Invoices must be paid within 3 business days upon receipt.
It is important that you understand how shipping companies and the claims process works so that, in the unlikely case your piece gets damaged during shipping, you can avoid any issues or complications when filing a claim against the shipper.
1) Inspect the crate/package prior to letting the driver leave. When possible, try to open the crate to inspect your piece while the driver is present. If there are any damages to the piece, you must refuse it on the spot. If it is not possible to open the crate right away, you have up to 24 hours from the time of receipt to notify the shipper if the piece has been damaged during shipping.
2) Claims can be drawn out if precautions were not taken, and can take up to 90 days (+/-) for the shipper/insurance company to process them. At times, the shipper may only offer to refund a partial amount, or the amount entirely. Many appeals can be filed, which further adds to the long process. If actions were not taken as suggested in our guidelines, the Timber Library will not be held responsible for amounts withheld/not refunded by the shipper.
3) We are happy to assist with the claims process. Our participation will require the majority of communication between the claims representative and shipper, and will require continuous follow up. Our fee for the additional labor is as follows:
- for claims values up to $999, our fee is $75.
- for claims values between $1000 - $4999, our fee is $100.
- for claims values between $5000 - $9999, our fee is $150.
- for claims values exceeding $10,000, our fee is 2%.
However, If you prefer to pass on our assistance and avoid fees, we will be happy to get you in contact with the claims department and you can work on the process directly.
For any additional questions regarding shipping, please Email us at email@example.com
Refunds & Exchanges:
We strongly encourage you to contact us prior to payment so that details of your order can be tailored to your specific requirements to avoid the possibility of cancellations and fees.
After you place your order, you have up to 2 weeks to cancel your order with a 20% cancellation fee associated with the FULL COST OF CANCELLED ITEM (excludes walnut slabs or other hardwood slabs in which entire cost of slab will be withheld). Canceling after 2 weeks and up to 4 weeks will incur a 30% cancellation fee on orders under $499.99, and a 35% cancellation fee for orders above $800. We will not accept cancellations after 6 weeks.
Refunds will only be considered if your piece is damaged and/or lost during shipping. A photo of the damaged crate prior to opening is required, as well as photos of the damage done to the piece itself. Photos documenting damage are essential, as these are needed for us to submit. There will be absolutely NO REFUNDS on any custom work!